- Have you a clear idea about what you want the outcomes of the partnership to be?
- Is your management committed to the idea, and to the timescales involved in the process?
- Does your company have the necessary financial, managerial and production resources?
- Can you describe the characteristics of your perfect partner?
There are several online guides which can help you decide the right strategy:
- Guide to Business Partnerships – although this was published 3 years ago, it is a useful step-by-step guide to finding a partner
- Entering Overseas Markets – includes an interactive tool to help you choose the right sales channel
- Simple Guide to Cross Border Business – Intertrade Ireland