Last updated: 11/03/2013
Closing date: 11/03/2014
A French company offers wireless sensors (e.g. Surface Acoustic Waves - SAW or Bulk Acoustic Waves BAW) for temperature, pressure, stress and torque measurements. The sensors are wireless, passive, reliable, miniature and cost effective. The company is looking for technical cooperation with industrial partners interested by wireless sensors for their applications.
The French company's mission is to make wireless and passive SAW (Surface Acoustic Wave) sensors fit for industrial use by building innovative and robust top-quality components, products and systems.
Expertise of the company includes :
- study and consultancy : evaluation of compatibility of industrial requirements, use of unique simulation tools for fastest time-to-market, starter kits for immediate tests in industrial configuration
- development and integration : from components to complete systems, with assistance for validation and integration in industrial applications, protected by patents,
- custom solutions for production : from low to high volumes production capabilities through ISO TS certified partners, insurance of multiple sourcing.
SAW-sensor technology - wireless, passive, robust - can be applied in :
- condition monitoring : on rotating and/or in difficult environments
- process control : in places where cable or electronic components are not possible
- structural health monitoring (SHM) : implanted, maintenance-free,
- energy efficiency : by measuring in places not possible with other sensors such as on rotors and on high-voltage lines
- security : from implanted maintenance-free signaling to measure where wired sensors are not usable.
SAW sensors offer key competitive advantages as :
- Wireless - up to several meters,
- Passive - no battery required, no problems of maintenance,
- Robust, reliable, stable - well adapted for harsh environments (high voltage, radiations, vibrations, ...),
- Miniature - small, light, "non intrusive",
- High performances and reliability - unique sensitivities and ranges,
- Cost effective - SAW technology allows cost optimization depending on the volumes to be manufactured.
Partner expertise sought:
- Type of partner sought:
Industry, research organisation
- Specific area of activity of the partner:
Energy, transport, automation, appliances, security/defence, aerospace
- Task to be performed by the partner sought:
End-users interested by the use of SAW sensors to improve the monitoring of their machines / process ; companies that would be interested to integrate SAW sensors inside their applications, whatever the application is, chemical/biological experts for the realisation of chemical/biosensors.
Listed under: Telecommunications \ Building and Construction \ Measurement, Testing & Standards
Select an option from below to enquire about this opportunity: