Last updated: 03/12/2012
Closing date: 31/10/2013
A French company is working to develop a new range of biodegradable products such as biodegradable slippers for hotels, which are eco-designed from raw materials of plant origin and thus respond to two imperatives: use of renewable materials and reducing waste. The company is looking for partners which are able to assume the collect and the composting of the used products.
A French company is specialised, since its creation in 2003, in the importation and distribution of a wide range of shoes and textile products. The main importations are from South America, China, North Africa. The company distributes several brands from european countries such as Germany, Portugal, Spain.
In 2010, and in a contexte of economic crisis, the French company is among the 100 French compnies market leaders in the shoe trade, in term of the most profitable and largest turnover.
In the past 4 years, the French company has focused on Resarch and Development to create biodegradable foam of plant origin. In this way, it collaborated with specialized laboratories in the synthesis of bioresins. Unfortunately, so far all the research showed no positive outcome.
Therefore, in order to introduce its new line of biodegradable products made from raw materials of plan origin, the company is looking for manufacturers and/or research laboratories of biodegradable biopolymers which have similar characteristics of the polymer used in the footwear industry as EVA, PVC, Rubber.
Technical Specifications / Specific technical requirements:
The company develops a biodegradable slipper for the hotel industry and the innovative product is totally biodagradable and easy to manufacture. Thanks to its capacities in project management, retail, trade, import/export, it has managed to maintain itself at the top. Nowaday, the company has expanded its scope of knowledge by integrating an expertise in green chemistry.
The main goal of the company since its foundation is to offer a quality product according to market trends that are environmentally friendly and at very competitive prices.
The main objectives are:
- to market a radically new and outstanding product, ahead of its competitors
- in a true concern for sustainable development, the company works to develop a new range of biodegradable products, which are eco-designed, from raw materials of plant origin and thus respond to two imperatives that are using renewable materials and reducing waste.
Partner expertise sought:
- Type of partner sought: The Company considers commercialising the biodegradable slippers for hotels, whch will be used all around the world. The company is looking for partners for technical collaboration
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The company is looking for partners which could take care of the collect and the composting of the biodegradable products where they will be used
- Task to be performed by the partner sought: Waste management and already working in the field of biodegradable materials
Select an option from below to enquire about this opportunity: